26.1 Any input to the benchmarking tool in Damgaard Axapta?? - Microsoft Dynamics AX

This is a discussion on 26.1 Any input to the benchmarking tool in Damgaard Axapta?? - Microsoft Dynamics AX ; I know the benchmarking tool is not documented, but still I know a bunch of people out there, that have used it. I am about to make some small modifications on the tool. Any good ideas, comments, or errors?? technet.navision.com ...

+ Reply

Thread: 26.1 Any input to the benchmarking tool in Damgaard Axapta??

Default 26.1 Any input to the benchmarking tool in Damgaard Axapta??

I know the benchmarking tool is not documented, but still I know a bunch of people out there, that have used it. I am about to make some small modifications on the tool. Any good ideas, comments, or errors??

technet.navision.com Posting date: Friday, August 04, 200

technet.navision.com Posting path: Navision Axapta/Technology (Ax)/Performance/Benchmarking

Default 26.3 Heavy-duty tests

It would be nice if the benchmark test, could do some kind of simulation of multiple users running different things on the server.

Sometime it would be nice to be able to test a server configuration based on the fact that you may want to have 100 or more users running on it at the same time, and then be able to tune the servers based on the Axapta benchmark test.

And then of course it would always be nice with some documentation

technet.navision.com Posting date: Tuesday, July 10, 200

technet.navision.com Posting path: Navision Axapta/Technology (Ax)/Performance/Benchmarking

Default 26.4 your words are heard

Hi Rudi and Erik,

Slowly the interest from partners is growing towards using the benchmark tool for testing their own setups and changes. Therefore the tool is continously being upgraded towards this need, where as the first versions were many used for performance testing, stability testing and sizing testing on the standard version.

Some documentation is being written.

And Rudi your request is actually possible using the worker thread option, if the scripts available can run in non-display mode. However version 2.5 has some minor problems, which we had to fix before we did the big benchmark test in Nice, but these modifications is not available in service packs and will not be.

Stand by and watch the development for the next version,

Mark Benc

technet.navision.com Posting date: Wednesday, July 25, 200

Default 26.5

A robust benchmark test tool would be very beneficial for us as well. We expect to have in excess of 200 users in the next 7-8 months, the vast majority of them working from remote locations. We echo the sentiment that usable and detailed documentation is absolutely critical to our productivity.

Can a firmer timeframe be provided as to when something more robust will be coming out, and what its features will be

technet.navision.com Posting date: Friday, August 31, 200

+ Reply